Sunday, February 21, 2010

Does weight or haircut styles affect job interviews?

I am just curious. I'm overweight and prefer a shorter hair style. If I went into an interview, regardless of my resume, qualifications, etc., will my weight or haircut affect me getting a job?Does weight or haircut styles affect job interviews?
The most important thing you can do is to wear clothing that is professional and flattering to your figer regardless of your size. Neat appearance is key for smaller or larger individuals. Your haircut should be neat in appearance and you should be well groomed. Don't focus on your weight, rather focus on skills, previous experience and what you can offer to the company. Good apperance, great skills and self confidence goes a long way.





I am giving you this advice from personal experience. I am a Recruiter and have over 15 years of experience. Good luck to you.Does weight or haircut styles affect job interviews?
I am a little overweight, although many people say I look great.





What you can do is wear a tie and nice, long sleeve shirt. Interviewers notice and it will get you points. Long hair is usually a no-no, but medium and short hair is ok, just make sure you are trimmed if you have a beard, and always shave.
An employer can discriminate against you for whatever reason they want. Of course they won't say that to your face, they will tell you they found someone more qualified. I guess it really depends on what job you are going for and who the employer is

No comments:

Post a Comment