Friday, February 26, 2010

What's the best kind of haircut/style for women with extrememly thick hair?

I have hair that is very thick, and I just can't deal with it being long and on my neck anymore. It is also straighter in front, wavy on the sides and curly in the back....if you can imagine that. So I am looking for a shorter cut that I can still style nicely with out a lot of fuss. Any suggestions??What's the best kind of haircut/style for women with extrememly thick hair?
I recently chopped off a lot of my very thick hair after also getting sick of it. One of the easiest styles that I use for work is to get some nice headbands and just wash, comb, and put in the band. It gets a cute fanned-out look behind me, stays out of my face and isn't long enough to bother me. As for tips with the different textures of your hair, talk to your hairstylist. Maybe a loose perm in some areas so that you have wave and curls all around? Or vice versa straighten the curly parts. I got mine cut about 1/2 inch below my ears and no bangs.What's the best kind of haircut/style for women with extrememly thick hair?
Whatever length you go with, get long layers cut in! It will cut down on the poofiness and give it movement, not to mention making it feel lighter
I also have extremely thick hair, and I used to wear it short (think Paige Davis from Trading Spaces). While I was growing it out, I had long layers put in my hair and asked my stylist to thin out my hair with a razor, and it felt so much better. It will also give your hair more of a bounce to it.





Something like this would be cute:





http://www.fayette.k12.in.us/~cbeard/cal鈥?/a>
A long layered bob would look really cute on you. The layering will remove heavy layers of hair from brushing your neck al the time and the bob make any face the focal point of your style.
Go with Shag Layering. It's a really simple hair cut and it will thin your hair out just a little. If layering is simply crazy talk for you, then try a simple bob, like Keira Knightley(below).
I think layers are great you can brounce them and for some weired reason, it makes u feel so sexy and untouchable when you have bouncy haur. You can also google penelope cruz and see how her hair is and see if u like it cause she has a lot of hair too.
i would say layers cuz there cool
yah try layers.. that sound help with ur thick hair..good luck
LOL, I can imagine that....





Why don't you ask your cosmo to thin your hair out, I don't recommend using a razor to thin curly hair, but she can use a pair of thinning shears on your hair to take some of the bulk out and see if that doesn't help somewhat.





Us people with curly hair would give our eyeteeth to have board straight hair, but the trick is to learn to style it, either using a flat iron, or to enhance the curl. I go through spells with either way...and I have thick THICK hair, thats kinky curly.





So..before you go and cut it all off, talk to your professional about thinning it out, she should have taken the bulk out anyways without you having to ask.....but some don't think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment